Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25% off Jo Malone



Blame it on my love for Yasmin Le Bon and Jemima Khan. My girl crush on two of London's most lovely had me devouring every issue of Tatler in the late 90's. I read all about privilege and pampering among the Sloanes---which included exclusive scents from Jo Malone London. The It Brits swooned over her Nutmeg and Ginger bath oil and Lime Basil and Mandarin cologne. Anyone who was anyone was popping into Jo's shop for a complete "fragrance wardrobe", all wrapped up in chic cream boxes and tied with an elegant black bow.

I had to have.

I called the shop and ordered the now famous Lime Basil and Mandarin cologne, and the Nutmeg and Ginger bath oil. I cop to the indulgence, but never regretted it. (Well, I regretted it a little when Neiman began carrying the line a year later.) These scents were unlike anything I had ever experienced; there was a freshness to them, like someone was sitting in the back of a shop with a mortar and pestle, grinding up blooms from Italian villas. I was in love.

I immediately ordered more Jo Malone--154, a woody number named after the address of Jo's original store. And followed up with Honeysuckle and Jasmine, which will always bring back memories of a perfect summer. Jo Malone was joy in a bottle.

I wish you joy, and bring you good news of Jo Malone's Friends and Family event, with savings of 25%, February 10th and 11th only.

No comments: